SANI Membranes ApS is a Danish cleantech company focused on developing and commercializing the innovative Free Flow Plate™ technology and the disruptive Vibro™ technology. Our goal is to secure cleaner, more energy efficient, more effective and lower fouling filtration solutions for the future.
SANI Membranes ApS is privately held Danist registred company. As a product and business development company within sanitary membrane solutions, we sell through committed system builders, distributors and OEM’s.
”Novozymes is consciously working on reducing energy consumption in our production processes and we have short-term and small-scale tested Sani Membranes new elements in the enzyme manufacturing process. It was here possible to achieve very clear reduction in energy consumption compared to current membrane filtration process. We also see the opportunity for on longer-term using the new features of these elements in new processes within areas such as Ultra filtration”
Senior Manager R&D, Novozymes A/S
BOARD – SANI Membranes ApS
Biotech/life science senior executive with 30 years experience
Senior Executive in Food & membrane technology industry
COO ChemoMetec A/S
Vice President for Product and Process Development, Novozymes
SANI Membranes will continuously improve quality and process together with our customers
We will continue to develop our solutions and new technology that makes the micro and ultra filtration process simpler and easier to use for everyone.
Our Free Flow Plate™ technology and Vibro™ technology reduces energy consumption by up to 90 % and we will continue to minimize the climate and environmental footprint of the technology.
The SANI Membranes ApS timeline
- Launch Vibro-Lab35
- Launch Vibro-Lab3500
- Launch new home page
- Change in ownership and new capital induced
- Large number of units sold for export
- Increasing activities in Algae harvesting and concentration
- Product management and Production development reinforced with Senior Mechanical engineer Peter Smith and sales team increased with Chemical Engineer Anders Bisgaard, both with many years of experience
- Preferred supplier agreement in Algae Concentration with Liqoflux, an established Dutch algae systems provider
- First GMP and FDA compliant Vibro-I’s sold
- Prodution volumen increased, a number of large systems supplied – on time and to customer satisfaction
- Production team reinforced with John Sørensen
- Growth of sales team: David Bøgh, Chemical Engineer with years of experience
- Introduction of the Vibro™ technology
- Introduction of the Free Flow Plate™ technology
- Customer pilot tests continued in aquaculture, industrial waste water, municipal waste water, biotech, dairy etc
- Vibro™-LE won the FoodTech Award for best new product at FoodTech 2018, Herning, Denmark
- The first full scale Vibro™-I plant was installed in Jutland
- The first products were commercially released
- 4 Fulltime employees and a number of consultants working with SANI Membranes technology
- Customer pilot tests continued with Den Blå Planet, fish farming, industrial waste water and other applications
- The first full scale plant was installed at a public pool in the Copenhagen area
- The first full scale plant for protein harvesting and protein fractionation was installed in the Copenhagen area
- Syddansk Teknologisk Innovation was bought out by Johs. Tandrup A/S who brings expertise in plastic production and assembly, as well as in marketing and management support
- SANI Membranes moved to larger facilities in Allerød, Denmark
- The production equipment was developed and set up
- Customer pilot tests continued with Novozymes, Bagsværd Svømmehal and several other applications
- The Proof of Concept of the Hollow Plate™ technology were finalized
- Production equipment was conceptualized from prototypes
- The first customer pilot tests were performed with Arla and Novozymes
- The Hollow Plate™ technology was developed further
- Seed funding raised from Syddansk Teknologisk Innovation A/S
- The first lab scale tests were performed on prototypes
- SANI Membranes Aps moved to larger facilities in Farum, Denmark
- SANI Membranes ApS was founded by Henrik Hjelmsmark in Værløse, Denmark
- The Proof of Concept of the Hollow Plate™ technology was initiated and the first prototypes developed
It is our philosophy that the most sustainable solutions are at the same time the ones that give the user the most and the greatest benefits. Therefore, environmental awareness and focus on the business go hand in hand in the development of our technical solutions.
Our Free Flow Plate™ modules are made of 100 % reusable PP.
lower energy consumption
Already today, we have come a long way in reducing the climate and environmental footprint of filtration technology. The innovative Free Flow Plate™ technology and the disruptive Vibro™ technology where built-in vibration eliminates need for cross flow pumping reduces energy consumption by up to 90 %. But at least 10% is still missing, so we continue to research and develop.
Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S
“We have in a small test used Sani Membranes new elements, and it seems possible to achieve significant reduction of energy consumption and perhaps even simultaneously achieving improved filtration process that could eventually lead to new products. Arla Foods Ingredients is continually developing new products and working on the reduction of environmental impacts, and we cooperate with industry to develop better, new products that support better use of our resources and production of new ingredients”
Senior Food Scientist, Research and Development, Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S